« Home | I don't read » | Here we go again » | Huh. » | Holy Crap! Mail Bag! » | All's quiet on the western front » | Back, Part Deux » | I'm back. » | The most useless people in the world... » | What's all this then » | Typing sucks »

Where are all my people?

I've started to become more proactive in hunting for people on the internet.

My Trillian contact lists once stood as a shining beacon of wasteable time, now sits as a withered remnant for its once former glory. So not to bog down this entry with a bunch of needless facts I'll just say around 2004 I stopped adding people. I stopped looking for people. My list wasn't that populated either, I had about 20 people to which 8 or 9 I spoke regularly.

As the years wore on I deleted the people who were never on line anymore and the contact lists grew smaller and smaller until this year only 3 people remained. A friend from uni that I talk to once a month, a girl from round' abouts Chicago that rarely comes on anymore, and a girl from England a started talking to before I went over there on my Cambridge excursion.

Bogged.

The only problem is every instant message service has a crappy search for feature. I've found a few unaffiliated sites that have searches that are better, but you have to join.

The ICQ (my first messager, and has been unpopulated the longest) is probably the best one - but either it's bogged down by spammers or most of the people aren't there. AIM and MSN you can search, but there is no online/offline option and they are pretty much clusterfucks (AIM being the better of the two). And Yahoo. It says there is a look up area, but there isn't a lookup area. You are pretty much better off just looking in the other three.

So, does anyone know any good search engines for IMers?

Technorati Tags:

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Feed Shark Blog Flux Directory blog rating and reviews Blog Top Sites Listed in LS Blogs Politics Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Listed on BlogShares

Made with love, who's love I do not know. (c) me in 2006-2008