« Home | Here we go again » | Huh. » | Holy Crap! Mail Bag! » | All's quiet on the western front » | Back, Part Deux » | I'm back. » | The most useless people in the world... » | What's all this then » | Typing sucks » | Men of the Year Edition »

I don't read

That is a bit misleading. I read all the time. I read websites and articles and school textbooks (sometimes). The greater brunt of my reading comes from the web.

I don't read books. That's better. There is no reason for me not to read books. In fact I should have learned four languages, how to play the piano, draw like Leonardo and look like Brock Samson by now with the abundance of free time I have (and a few other things, like now I'm "in" to calligraphy).

But I don't.

I renewed interest in getting books from the library and not reading them... the two books I've checked out the most and I would like to read are Catch-22 and Don Quixote.

One day.

I have done something though. Something most commonly unlike me. I've read a book. In 2004ish I started reading Wil Wheaton's temp website and I saw that he put a out a few books that I wanted to read - Just a Geek in particular. I didn't want to buy it and I couldn't find a torrent of it so I went to the original warez site, the library. No dice. It was probably in one of the state wide catalogs, but I didn't have the patience to look though all of them.

So there it sat in my personal want to read list. Until a month ago.

I joined the city library because I thought (and they were) they would have access to more books. I've put orders out for a lot of books, Ancient Greek, Latin, webcomics, bunch of others. I remembered that I'd wanted Just a Geek and low and behold there it was in some other library. Needless to say I also checked my old library, andtheyhaditsoicheckeditoutthereinstead.

I had a lot of books to be read and I wasn't reading them. Last week rolls up and I start reading. It took until yesterday to finish, but I am proud of myself. One down...

... oh, the book sort of sucked.

Technorati Tags: ,

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Feed Shark Blog Flux Directory blog rating and reviews Blog Top Sites Listed in LS Blogs Politics Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Listed on BlogShares

Made with love, who's love I do not know. (c) me in 2006-2008