« Home | Where are all my people? » | I don't read » | Here we go again » | Huh. » | Holy Crap! Mail Bag! » | All's quiet on the western front » | Back, Part Deux » | I'm back. » | The most useless people in the world... » | What's all this then »

Dogs; What they have to do with politics

Scientists (social, natural and the like) stretch for meaning with anything. It's what they are supposed to do mind you, but especially with social scientists they tend to get things wrong with that stretch for meaning with two totally different things.

Here's my attempt to be wrong.

Max was the son of Sweat-Pea and Bogey.

He was a happy go lucky type of dog. Sweat-Pea was more the cuddler and Bogey... well he was mean. He wasn't always mean, he was always a bit skiddish but he was basically non-mean. Until he choked on a piece of cheese. He almost died and that changed his demenor a tad. He was still Bogey, but now he was skiddish with mean. I guess almost choking does that to beings.

Max got beat up by his old man until he was one or two. Even after he outweighed Boggy (because Max was in a litter of one) and was an inch or two taller still Bogey would terrorize Max mercilessly. Until Max thought to himself, hey I'm bigger than Bogey - I'll just beat him up for a change. This went on until Max died. Bogey always seemed to be the aggressor. Bogey has mellowed out considerably since his sons death, but I guess having no one to growl at continuously sort of makes beings seem more controlled. Makes me think Bogey's meanness was all a dominance game (that he almost always lost).

What does that have to do with politics?

This is where I stretch. The United States is Bogey. Always growling and getting into fights it can't possibly win. Can it win? Sure, but it lacks the basic knowledge (or care) of how to win the fight. It will never learn that you need to temper your response to the situation so that you come out ahead and the other party comes out ahead.

Anyhow, Max was a great dog. I still go out into the garage expecting to have him jump on me and lick my face for what seemed like forever. I never got that with Sweat-pea or Bogey. He will be missed greatly in my heart.

And with that I'm going to leave the web for a month to get my orders straightened out. I have been spinning my wheels on the internet for way to long. I'll start posting more regularly when I come back. Probably not.

Technorati Tags: ,

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Feed Shark Blog Flux Directory blog rating and reviews Blog Top Sites Listed in LS Blogs Politics Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Listed on BlogShares

Made with love, who's love I do not know. (c) me in 2006-2008